Connecting to yourself

I believe that during a performance there is a connection between the storyteller and audience. Maybe not every time, but it can happen, and does. Tricia described storytelling as also connecting her to her many selves:
It's almost like an
oral meditative experience.
I do believe
we all have our
plane of selves,
you have your physical self,
your spiritual self,
your emotional self,
and yourself at eight, 10, 12, 40.
Somewhere in there
when the selves come out
and you have this
self-revelation of,
"Oh that's what that meant to me" or
"I just said that"
and it's like,
all of those selves,
all of a sudden
there is a kumbaya moment
right then
for a nanosecond
and then it is over.
Then you go,
"I just time traveled to my
inner child,
to my future self
and I'm accepting myself right

where I am at right now."

Comments

Popular Posts